Michael K. Atkins
Attorney Michael K. Atkins has been practicing law since 1996 and has extensive trial experience locally and throughout the State of Tennessee over his 27 years of experience. He has tried over 100 cases to verdict in State and Federal Courts. Mike collaborates with clients and co-counsel to provide strategic legal direction tailored to each case presented, advising on pre-trial and post-trial preservation process as well as developing and arguing pre-trial and dispositive motions.
Mike’s diverse practice includes complex litigation matters including commercial and business disputes, insurance issues, product liability matters, toxic tort, construction, transportation, negligence, real estate matters, genomic testing, among others. He has deposed numerous experts in the fields of medicine, industry, construction, product liability, transportation, and many others.
Mike has teamed regularly with national and international law firms across the United States on behalf of numerous corporations to achieve positive results for his clients. He also represents local business clients and gives them the same professional representation and attention as he does for larger clients and matters.
- Mid-South Super Lawyers – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
Affiliations and Admissions
- Supreme Court of Tennessee, 1996
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts
- Knox County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel – NARTC (previous)
- Juris Doctor, The University of Memphis, 1996
- B.S., The University of Tennessee, 1991
- The University of Tennessee, Student Orientation Assistant, 1990
- The University of Tennessee, President of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, 1989 and 1990