Knoxville Corporate Disputes Attorney
Corporate disputes do more than garner negative press and frustrate your business objectives. They can threaten a corporation’s continuing sustainability in the short- or long-term. The costs of resolving a dispute can quickly consume the resources of even a healthy corporation, so it is best to keep an attorney on call when possible disputes break out.
Although some disputes can be resolved relatively quickly, litigation involving sales, mergers, or securities can drag on for years. Disputes sometimes mushroom into full-blown government investigations when litigation uncovers evidence of corporate malfeasance, which can spell doom for any Knoxville business.
Atkins Brezina, PLLC can represent corporations in a variety of disputes. Please contact a Knoxville corporate disputes attorney with us today to learn more about the services we offer.
Corporate Disputes Come in All Shapes and Sizes
Our firm can assist with any type of corporate dispute, including:
- Interpretation or enforcement of bylaws. Bylaws lay out the governing rules for a corporation, and allegations that directors or officers are violating the bylaws deserve an adequate response.
- Fraud in the purchase or sale of a business. Some businesses misrepresent financial documents or other information to make them more attractive in a merger or transaction. Consequently, many businesses pay too much to acquire a competitor.
- Violations of securities regulations. All the regulations a corporation must follow could fill multiple books. Any violation of state or federal securities regulations can result in penalties and other repercussions, including shareholder lawsuits.
- Misappropriation of funds by directors or managers. Shareholders might allege that directors or managers took funds for personal use or wasted them carelessly.
- Misrepresentation by directors, officers, or managers. These misstatements often serve as the basis for contract or securities litigation, as well as lawsuits alleging a breach of fiduciary duties.
- Actions to dissolve a corporation. We can help with an involuntary dissolution suit, as well as legal disputes that arise during voluntary dissolution, such as disagreement over the ownership of corporate assets or whether to declare bankruptcy.
Atkins Brezina, PLLC can assist both closely held corporations and those sold on public exchanges.
We Can Help Resolve Disputes Outside the Courtroom
Not all disputes need to be litigated before a state or federal judge. Instead, many can be resolved quietly, with the terms of the settlement kept private. Protecting your corporation’s reputation is critical whenever you are ensnared in a legal dispute, as is ensuring that the litigation is resolved in a cost-sensitive manner.
At Atkins Brezina, PLLC, we work closely with corporate clients to better understand their objectives. We also clarify the scope of the representation and advise insiders of the need to retain their own attorneys, where necessary. If you hire inexperienced corporate counsel, then many more problems can be created than get resolved.
Retain our Knoxville Corporate Disputes Attorney for Your Case Today
Michael Brezina, III is a seasoned commercial litigator who has worked on many corporate disputes in Tennessee. He can speak to you by phone to discuss whatever issue has arisen that warrants immediate attention. For help, please contact him to schedule a time to meet.