Knoxville Property Law Attorney
At Atkins Brezina, PLLC, our insurance defense litigation practice routinely represents insurance companies in disputes with policyholders. Our legal team wears many hats when it comes to claims, including acting as investigators or legal defense, and we bring the same attention to detail in all the work we do. If you have an insurance dispute involving damage to residential or commercial property, call our firm. A Knoxville property law attorney can review the services we provide and begin handling the claim.
Insurance Claims Involving Property Damage
We are proud to help insurance companies in claim disputes. Many of them involve property damage caused by:
- Water intrusion
- Toxic substances
- Product defects
- Construction defects
In first-party claims, a policyholder submits a claim for compensation to their insurer. However, a right to compensation is not automatic. Instead, a loss is only covered if it falls under the applicable policy.
Insurance companies face substantial exposure for damage caused by negligence or defects which are outside the scope of coverage. Many policyholders fail to properly mitigate damage but instead seek to force insurers to cover the entire loss.
Atkins Brezina, PLLC, can help clients with first-party claims related to residential or commercial property damage:
- Spearhead an investigation into the cause of the property damage. We can visit the property and document the likely causes.
- Valuation of damage, including damage to household items. Policyholders have an incentive to inflate the value of their losses, so we undertake an independent analysis.
- Policy analysis to determine if the loss is covered, as well as the extent of loss coverage.
- Evidence gathering from policyholders and third parties. Depositions might prove useful to fully uncover what mitigation efforts, if any, the property owner undertook.
- Negotiation or mediation services to work toward the settlement of a claim. We always think about your financial interest in limiting the possibility of litigation.
- Communication with clients. Our clients remain in the driver’s seat regarding when to settle, as well as their overall litigation goals. We provide you with the information you need to make informed choices about the case.
Our law firm stands apart from other insurance defense firms in Knoxville. We credit our broad-based experience, which includes litigation defense for clients who cannot settle a claim in a satisfactory manner. Our clients deserve a zealous defense in arbitration or Knoxville courtrooms and strategic advice in mediation. We can handle your litigation through all phases, from pre-trial discovery and motion practice to trial and post-trial motions. Our strength at investigation allows us to present your defense in a compelling manner so that the plaintiff’s counsel and juries accept our interpretation of events.
Insurance Defense Strategies that Work
Property insurance claims are complex, and some of the sources include overlapping coverage, state regulations, and resistance on the part of policyholders and their counsel. Get the type of strategic legal thinking that only Atkins Brezina, PLLC, can provide. You may speak with a Knoxville property law attorney if you call our firm to schedule a meeting.