Knoxville Environmental Law Attorney
Atkin Brezina’s environmental law practice serves Knoxville clients by advising them of how to comply with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as their rights under comprehensive environmental laws like the Clean Air Act or CERCLA. Our team has experience handling cases involving hazardous and toxic substances, environmental compliance, and personal injuries. Both individual homeowners and local businesses have a surprising array of environmental issues they need help with, and our firm is ready to assist.
Please reach out today for more information. Our Knoxville environmental law attorney can provide advice and even litigate claims on your behalf.
Do You Need an Environmental Lawyer?
Environmental law is a broad field and involves layers of local, state, and federal regulations. Almost anyone could need an environmental lawyer’s help at some point. Our clients include Knoxville businesses seeking to comply with various environmental regulations to men and women injured by toxic chemicals and substances.
Our firm can help with:
- Asbestos litigation. This naturally occurring mineral has been linked to many fatal diseases, including mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis. Our clients often seek compensation from manufacturers of products containing asbestos due to inhalation which might have occurred decades ago.
- Economic property loss. Environmental hazards and toxins can reduce the value of property. Our team can review whether you can bring a nuisance action for economic damages, including the costs of remediation. Other clients suffer a regulatory taking of their property when government agencies limit the development of land for environmental reasons.
- Contract drafting. Environmental issues crop up in many transactions, and they can impact the attractiveness of a business deal. Indeed, an emerging environmental issue could scupper a contract. We provide comprehensive analysis for our clients to protect them against regulatory risk and draft contracts accordingly.
- Compliance and advising. The Knoxville business community needs expert advice about how to meet their compliance obligations with the dozens of state and federal environmental laws. Our firm can help with internal investigations and regulatory reporting.
- Environmental litigation happens in different fora. Some litigation involves personal injury lawsuits in state or federal court, whereas other litigation could involve regulatory subpoenas or enforcement proceedings. We have broad experience crafting settlements to bring expensive litigation to an end.
Various laws come into play in the environmental law field, including state tort law, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Hire a law firm with sufficient depth of experience in environmental law to advocate for your rights in a passionate and effective manner.
Are You in Search of an Environmental Lawyer? Call Us
The regulatory environment only grows less favorable to businesses. Proliferating regulations raise the cost of doing business, but shirking compliance obligations carries a massive risk of sanctions and could threaten the viability of your business.
Contact Atkins Brezina, PLLC, today. A Knoxville environmental law attorney is happy to meet with anyone who has suffered economic loss, including bodily injury, due to exposure to toxins and dangerous substances.