Knoxville Asbestos Litigation Attorney
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that occurs naturally in nature. Because it is resistant to heat and electrical currents, it was popular for use as insulation and in products ranging from floor tiles to roof shingles to coating materials. By the 1980s, however, scientists recognized that asbestos posed a significant health danger to those who handled it, as well as to their families. In particular, asbestos disintegrates into small fibers which are easy to inhale. The United States banned the use of asbestos in certain products, but millions of people continue to be exposed, often from products made internationally.
At Atkins Brezina, our firm can assist with asbestos litigation. Thousands of people each year continue to discover that their respiratory disease or cancer is asbestos-related, and there are ways for victims to receive compensation. Call us to speak with a Knoxville asbestos litigation attorney today.
How We Help with Asbestos Litigation
Once inhaled, asbestos fibers can lead to serious illnesses, including
- This is a type of cancer in the mesothelium, which is the layer of tissue that covers most of your major organs, particularly the lungs. Common symptoms include being short of breath and having chest pain or painful coughing. Other mesothelioma causes abdominal pain and swelling.
- Inhaled fibers can lead to scarring and inflammation in the lungs which makes it hard to breathe. You will likely experience chest tightness, wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.
- Lung cancer. Asbestosis fibers can cause cancer inside the lungs as well, causing cancer which can be very difficult to treat.
Some illnesses require lengthy exposure to asbestosis, whereas others only require a passing exposure. Some illnesses, like mesothelioma, can take decades to develop after the initial inhalation of asbestosis. You might have been exposed to asbestos as a child and not know it, only to come down with a mesothelioma diagnosis late in life.
Atkins Brezina can help anyone suffering from an asbestos-related disease seek compensation for their injuries. The manufacturers of products containing asbestos are often liable, even if your exposure happened decades ago.
Our firm can:
- Listen to your story and review medical records to better understand your diagnosis.
- Identify which products you were exposed to that contained asbestos and find evidence to support your claim of exposure.
- Discuss ways to receive compensation, including a settlement with a defendant.
- Litigate a claim to trial, if appropriate, for compensation.
Litigation has been ongoing for decades involving the major manufacturers of asbestos. You should meet with an experienced attorney to discuss your odds of filing a successful claim.
Effective Advocates for You & Your Family
Receiving an asbestos-related diagnosis is a frightening experience. Treatment is difficult, and the cost of medical care exceeds what most people have saved in the bank. You deserve fair compensation for your asbestos-related illness, and Atkins Brezina is well positioned in the legal industry to file a claim and obtain a settlement. If you have questions, please contact our firm to talk with our Knoxville asbestos litigation attorney.